Social Media Marketing
Social Media For Business
Despite what the naysayers may think, social media marketing is very useful for your business and is here to stay. In 2004, when Facebook started, it was designed for college students to connect with others on their campus. Now the campus is global, and we are connecting with family, friends, and businesses in different ways on various platforms.
Social media marketing is not just about sales. It is, like when it started, a way to connect with your network, potential customers, and clients. Let’s talk about how to connect with your network, prospective customers and current clients.
- Choose the platforms where your customers are spending time. We typically recommend Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to most of our small business owners.
- Build a relationship with your following by being consistent in how often you post and in what you’re posting. Whatever YOUR consistent is, make it happen whether it’s posting every day or once a week.
- Track ideas using a tool like Google Sheets, Airtable, or Asana.
- Schedule posts when you can using Facebook Creator Studio.
- Engage with your audience. Don’t just push info out there. Make the time to engage with your following.
Social Media Calendar
So what do you post on social media? One of the best ways to create consistency and brand awareness is by having a social media schedule or calendar. Here are a few ideas of what you could post about on a consistent basis and do it in a rotation.
- Tips related to your business.
- Gratitude or Shout Out to another business.
- Client testimonial
- Motivational quote (#MotivationalMonday)
- Your products or services.
- Community/non-profit support
By doing this, you are building a following based on your brand & your values. AND attracting customers to you rather than pitching them non-stop. Creating a social media calendar doesn’t have to be complicated to build an online brand, but it does have to be consistent.