Social Media 101
Social media is a necessity in business today, no matter what type of company you own. But, most entrepreneurs either don’t know how to use it or are scared of it.
So, we wanted to share with you some general tips about how to get started on social media for your business as well as some tricks of the trade. If you do all of these below and in order, you will have a better chance of succeeding at marketing online.
- Create a voice for your brand.
- Define your target audience.
- Do your research about that audience.
- Create a persona for that audience.
- Create a marketing strategy. It helps to emulate a well-known brand.
- Start with 1 or 2 platforms so you can get those down and then add more later when you are consistent with the first 2.
- Create content (use video too) that helps educate your audience, not selling all of the time. A content calendar is a great way to plan your posts.
- Engage with your audience/join the party online.
- Be consistent-remind your audience at least 3 times a week that you are still around.
- Be authentic and honest. People buy from companies they like and trust.
- Have fun and add some personality.
- Be proud of who you are and what your brand represents in your messaging.
- Put away the fear of social media and go for it.