Inspiration from Oprah
A couple of weeks ago, I got to see Oprah Winfrey live for her 2020 vision tour in Denver with one of my best friends! The opportunity of getting to see Oprah speak in person was one for the books. I was awestruck by how authentic she was and how much she shared about her life. If only everyone could be like her, I thought. Then my next thought was, “Why can’t we?”
So, I wanted to share some of the major takeaways I got from her vision tour with you in hopes that they will inspire you as they did me…
- Everyone wants to be heard and seen. This is the bottom line of most arguments.
- We all want to live out the highest, truest, expression of ourselves as a human being.
- Stop comparing ourselves to others, be present and practice mindfulness.
- Only when you are at your fullest and best self, can you give everyone else what they need.
- What’s your word for the year…put it out there and manifest it. (Mine is growth).
- We are to radically accept this moment of who you are with no shame.
- If you don’t maintain the spirit of you, something dies.
- Spirit is not religion. We are spirits living a human life.
- Rest should be a source of power, not shame. It’s ok to take a break.
- One minute of silence and stillness resets our nervous system – meditation.
- Clarify your intention of where you want to go – your vision.
- There comes a time in every parent’s life that you go from being a manager to being a consultant.
- Take all of the ego out of your feelings and arguments.
- What holds us back is what we are holding on to. We need to release and forgive…give up that the past could have been different.
- “I CAN. I WILL. WATCH ME.” Oprah’s quote for 2020.